SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass.—(July 20, 2021) – Virtusa Corporation, a global provider of digital strategy, digital engineering, and IT services and solutions that help clients change and disrupt markets through innovation engineering, today announced it is supporting the AWS for Health initiative from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to accelerate critical technology advancements for customers.
The AWS for Health initiative, which features services and solutions from AWS and AWS Partners, is built specifically for healthcare, biopharma, and genomics clients. The initiative makes it easier for health clients to select the right tools and partners for their highest-priority workloads across the health community. AWS for Health also identifies dedicated AWS health industry specialists, AWS Professional Services teams, and leading AWS Partners in each solution area for clients looking to accelerate deployments with solution-specific support.
Despite significant spending on IT and R&D budgets, the healthcare and life sciences industry has been slow to adopt some of the most innovative technologies due to legacy systems, manual workarounds, expensive infrastructure, and the lack of insights into their existing data. Now through the AWS for Health initiative, Virtusa will help clients rapidly innovate and transform their IT landscape.
The AWS for Health initiative is the latest example of how Virtusa is helping clients quickly adapt in an evolving industry that faces strict regulations. Virtusa offers several of its own AWS cloud-enabled applications, which include:
- vLife™ allows clients to quickly resolve their most challenging decision-making requirements in a highly complex industry and leverages AWS services including Amazon SageMaker, AWS Lambda, and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3). The platform currently hosts several healthcare and life sciences artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) models spanning social determinants of health (SDoH), member outreach, chronic conditions like diabetes, precision medicine for oncology, population health, and epidemiology, supporting clients that are looking to quickly scale, train and deploy these models.
- Virtusa’s Provider Lifecycle Management (PLM) is a comprehensive solution supporting provider relationships, from network design and onboarding to claims payment, servicing, and contract renewal that uses AWS services such as S3, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), and Amazon QuickSight. The solution focuses on automating, managing, and enabling seamless operation around recruiting, onboarding, configuring, contracting, credentialing, and data management operation workflows, enabling clients to increase their performance to process large volume of roster files and enable secure and real-time analytics on provider performance.
- Virtusa's Ethics Management Suite (EMS) is a unified platform that helps modernize all aspects of drug development and delivery that run on AWS services including Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Redshift, and EC2. The solution focuses on the core processes involved in patient consent, sample collection, and all aspects of pharmacovigilance, helping clients securely process the large volume of samples files and automate the end-to-end process.
By combining it’s domain and technical expertise with the breadth and depth of AWS services, Virtusa is helping clients achieve transformational change at scale and speed. Benefits include:
- Accelerated time to market: Demonstrated 20 to 30% improved time to market through low-code/no-code pre-built solutions, data models, and microservice APIs.
- Innovative culture: Improved operational performance with the adoption of the right solution and integration of emerging technologies with the company’s product engineering and innovation expertise.
- Demonstrable digital transformation: Ensured optimal delivery and value to clients with an average customer satisfaction (CSAT) of 4.7/5.0 for its services.
- Cost Reduction: Migrate from legacy applications and infrastructure to cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) solutions.
“Virtusa is committed to building high-performing, innovative solutions that help our healthcare-focused clients realize their digital transformation journeys, “ said Anthony Lange, SVP, Head of Healthcare & Life Sciences, Virtusa. “Being a premier AWS partner, we are excited to support the AWS for Health Initiative, which will help our clients dramatically accelerate the deployment of our solutions.”
For more information, please visit our site https://www.virtusa.com/solutions.
Virtusa’s vLife™ solution is also available in the AWS marketplace :