Virtusa hosted all operational needs on the AWS cloud in collaboration with Snowflake. Virtusa was a strong development and testing partner for this project and was imperative in end-to-end execution from strategy to action.
The cloud native digital portal built was efficient and straightforward for agents and brokers, as it enabled them to complete the full quote and underwriting process within five days. Most property and general liability policies can now be bound with little or no underwriter intervention. Agents can rate, quote, and bind certain E&S risks on their own in less than 15 minutes rather than 30 days. Thus, enhancing customer delight. The key features of the portal included:
- 100% cloud native portal: The AWS cloud platform was used to host the portal with other AWS services, and third-party products were utilized for back-end services
- Increased security: OKTA provided multi-factor authentication (MFA) to maximize protection and minimize vulnerability in remote access from multiple locations
- Data integration: Virtusa architected one data integration platform combining OneShield’s enterprise cloud-based platform and Snowflake’s data warehousing platform to bring quote creation, policy management, billing, ratings, and analytics under one roof. The platform also allowed the client to speed up its development process to launch new products and services
- Service integration: Virtusa created a custom service integration platform using AWS Lambda. Additionally, AWS step functions were used to create an orchestration layer with data platforms
- User-friendly interface: The UI was built on the Vue.js framework on Flask and NodeJs for a state-of-the-art and streamlined end-user experience