The provider credentialing process as part of the organization's practitioner onboarding was manually intensive, with employees having to work across multiple applications.
Virtusa built a solution for case management, on Pega to address this. The application:
- Takes input from various internal and external systems
- Has an RPA bot to pull data from various sources, including screen scraping external websites
- Processes the data as extensive business rules depending on the practitioner type and state
- Uses an intelligent work management capability and an auto-routing assignment module to route the most appropriate case to the correct user
- Targets the credentialing of practitioners and subsequent phases targeting other provider types.
Virtusa also added an elaborate real-time knowledge management module to the system to train users on the credentialing process to reduce the time it takes to onboard a team member.