Our client, a leader in subscription-based businesses that focuses on scientific and academic research, patent analytics and regulatory standards, faced several challenges with a complex data eco system and high operational costs.
- Building an innovative application with a new design, integrating 5 different patent products with different technology stack
- Improving the performance issues in bulk patent data retrieval for exporting
- Building the platform with multi lingual capability to gain access in ASIA (Japan) with language specific features.
- Improving revenue by accelerating time-to-market
Virtusa started this engagement with a consulting phase to understand the client’s business challenges, objectives, and desired expectations on business outcomes. This phase emphasized articulation of the problem statement, synthesis of the results, and rapidly prototyping potential solutions to ensure alignment between stakeholders on the end result. We then proactively conceptualized, architected, and implemented a robust Innovation platform in line with customer’s growth vision.
- Created a robust innovation platform to ingest, search, analyze by incorporating all the top features of the different products
- Optimized the patent data retrieval by building proprietary streamlined retrieval system on top of google proto buffer and key value store
- Implemented morphological based search engine to support searching of Japanese patent data
- Architected a scalable solution that can support future localizations, handle wide character set (Double/ Single byte)
- Refreshed innovation components by upgrading to cloud technologies
By leading this multi-year, multi-partner engagement, Virtusa successfully implemented highly scalable data platform
- Improved customer satisfaction index from average to a delighted customer; reflected in the customer survey rating by an increase of 8%
- Accelerated the time-to-market from 12 months to 2 months by adding new patent data
- Reduced maintenance overheads with the newly rolled out platform
- Reduced cost of application development by 25%
- Improved the overall quality of the system by 10%
- Helped gain access in Japanese market