Senior Manager - (CREQ97377)
Add the Middle East to your global professional experience and have the opportunity to work on some of the leading Digital Transformation programs. @Virtusa, we apply deep technical expertise with strong industry focus to create solutions that drive digital business. Every Virtusan is empowered to innovate by challenging the norms. This spirit of cooperative disruption drives every contributor to think beyond today and build collectively for a better tomorrow. Agile in thought and transparent in action, our organization is innately driven to find a better way.
Virtusa is one of the fastest growing IT Services companies in the Middle East with a growing client base in the UAE, KSA and Qatar and we work with the leading Banking and Financial Services, Travel, Telecom and Enterprises firms in the region. We have partnered with our clients to win awards from Gartner, IDC, WfMC and other analyst for the work that we have delivered to our clients in the region.
Senior Project Manager _JD
corporate banking will be responsible for establishing and managing a large turn key program within the Wholesale Banking Group.
To deliver all activities within agreed constraints of time, budget and quality.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver a large customized product implementation according to plan.
The team member will interact with business users to ascertain their needs and undertake the implementation of the selected package solutions or development of systems based solutions in order to meet business requirement.
- He/she will perform all Project management responsibilities, prepare and maintain project plans, monitor progress reports, act as liaison between IT and user departments.
- While the role is housed in IT, he/she will have to execute both business and IT aspects of Project Management Principal Accountabilities: Portfolio Management
- Direct the delivery of the program through active sponsorship, leadership and involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality requirements
- Implement an effective review, reporting and presentation structure for all projects/programs
- Conduct program evaluations
- Work closely with key stakeholders responsible for delivery of the constituent work streams within the program
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all senior business units
- Ensuring portfolio resources are appropriate to enable the necessary operational and strategic capability Project Management
- managing interdependencies, resourcing and any proposed changes which may affect project priorities
- Identifying resourcing needs in line with the portfolio plan
- Establish project plan and initiate project mobilization by confirming project scope, estimate, resources, roles and responsibilities
- Monitor and control execution of project though Analyze, Design, Build, Test and Release - Provide leadership and decision making support by establishing project governance
- Managing senior stakeholders in uncovering and resolving potential conflicts or disagreements about project priorities
- Perform project reporting including overall performance of the program and project completion documentation
- Lead efforts around work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of business perspective work plans to determine the required tasks and resources (process, functional, etc.) for complex projects spanning multiple business units
- Provide appropriate performance feedback for project team members.
- Coach and mentor project team members on best practices, including solution delivery and IT value.
- Provide input around the hiring, supervising, training and promotion of candidates as needed.
- Lead a large project for a business unit within time, budget and specification constraints.
- Demonstrate competency in coordinating all aspects of a large, complex project involving multiple IT disciplines. Coordinate projects with other on-going efforts.
- Manage the scope change process and issue identification/resolution with all stakeholders.
- Monitor and communicate status to senior leadership. Communicate and incorporate feedback from customers.
- Craft and implement communication plans requiring cultural change within the organization.
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues. Facilitate resolution, mitigation, and appropriate escalation to senior management.
- Define quality standards and ensure compliance. - Prepare project completion documentation with project performance, lesson learned.
- Ensure access to sensitive information pertaining to the Bank, and ongoing and future projects are maintained in strict confidence.
Years of Exp : 12-15 years experience
Experience of handling at least 1 large implementation in Core Banking or Corporate/Wholesale Banking
Excellent communication skills
Immediate availability in Dubai