Developer - (CREQ149929)
Skill: Data Engineer
Ready to dive in and provide technical leadership, vision and direction for a fast-paced team solving business problems with analytics/visualization? If you are passionate about helping clients do great things with their data, we at Virtusa have the right role for you!
You will lead that team whose work designing and creating data models provides the link between the client business mission and strategy and valuable insights available though their data.
The ideal professional for this Big Data Architect role will:
- Have a passion for design, technology, analysis, collaboration, agility and planning; along with a drive for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Exhibit expertise in managing high volume data projects which leverage Cloud Platforms, Data Warehouse reporting and BI Tools, and development of relational databases.
- Research, identify and internally market enabling data management technologies based on business and end-user requirements.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to business processes with a focus on modernizing the approach to data management.
- Consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Demonstrate strong technical leadership skills and ability to mentor others with related technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Preferred Master's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience.
- 1 years of experience of similar hands on software development building Data platforms with the following tools and technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, Data pipeline/workflow management tools.
- MUST have experience with Java Expert in Big Data querying tools, e.g. Hive and Impala.
- Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment.
- Thoroughness and organization is expected, as well as sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in Equities Trading Flows will be a plus.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000+ people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.