Architect (ATC) - (CREQ127991)
Skill: Data Warehouse Architect
Role : T1
Passionate about software designing and architecture best practices? Love the idea of using your leadership skills to help development come to life? Virtusa is your perfect professional fit!
You will focus on the continuous delivery of business intelligence and data warehouse solutions from strategy and design through implementation. Working closely with clients, business analysts, and software developers, your team engagements will create new analytic solutions and improve existing ones.
Your day-to-day will include leading the design efforts on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, as well as being expected to:
- Establish high volume data and ETL solutions for analysis, modeling, designing and defining metrics for each project.
- Possess the necessary technology, communication and leadership skills to hands-on manage highly visible and complex projects from start to finish.
- Develop and deliver codes for the work assigned in accordance with time/quality and cost standards.
- Maintain software architecture documents based on evolving system and business requirements.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Administer the overall data warehouse architecture strategy, security, definition and governance of data models, performance and data applications design.
- Research emerging technology trends, new models, vendors and market opportunities to identify potential industry trends and technologies that could help the client increase market positioning.
- Demonstrate strong technical leadership skills and ability to mentor others with related technologies.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of information technology systems design and planning experience; in systems, data and architecture.
- Lead Data architecting efforts in researching, identifying and implementing leading edge technologies and practices.
- Provide architecture guidance on logical data models and physical database designs for cloud applications in relational as well as big data/Hadoop architectures.
- Understand the need for Data Lake vs Data Mart based on the business solution needs.
- Provide recommendations to improve data infrastructure.
- Assist with automating manual operational processes.
- Lead the design and sustainment of data pipelines and data storage.
- Advise application development staff on data management and data architectures.
- Experience with architecting Structured, unstructured and non-relational data platforms.
- Adhere to best practices for Data lineage, quality and governance technologies and approaches.
- Associated leadership and management experience - leading teams and projects.
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships with stakeholders and team members both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude.
- Passion about both business and technology, and curiosity about data.
- Working knowledge of designing architectures for large volume real time data streams and component services.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more at www.virtusa.com.