Consultant - (CREQ100508)
- Provide technical guidance and expertise in the areas of DevOps and Java CI/CD for all FX eTrading applications.
- Review existing Java SDLC/Release management practices to optimise these and ensure full automation, full traceability.
- Establish DevOps best practices across FX eTrading development teams with a view of expanding these practices across all application teams.
- Move towards the adoption of "configuration as code" and "infrastructure as code".
- Third-line support of the continuous build and automated deployment flow.
- Environment management: identifying solutions to dynamically identify the environments' various software components and their current hosts.
- Work in concert with the business, development teams and Production Support to investigate issues and prevent production defects.
- As part of a team of DevOps engineers, provide guidance to more junior members.
Experience / Background
- Experience of working in a Development and/or DevOps role at the enterprise-level with a combined Development/DevOps proven track record of successful delivery
- Experience of working on setting up and optimising a Java CI/CD Pipeline either as a developer, application administrator, DevOps Engineer
- Solid experience with Java build-automation tools using Gradle, Ant, Maven, etc.
- Solid hands-on experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Automated Deployment solutions such as Jenkins, TeamCity, uDeploy, etc.
- Experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C++, .NET with successful delivery to a Production system
- Experience with Distributed Systems: Scaling, Fault-Tolerance, Load-Balancing, Networking, Security, etc.
- Experience in at least one of the following scripting languages: Bash/Bourne Shell, Python, Perl
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
- Experience with high-volume low-latency highly available IT systems, understanding of their architecture and SLAs.
- Any hands-on experience with Linux administration.
- Any general infrastructure knowledge or hands-on skills in the areas of Message-Oriented Middleware (Solace, Tibco EMS, Tibco Rendezvous, Aeron) and Networks.
- Experience of working in Agile development teams and knowledge of BDD / TDD.
- Experience of integrating automation tests into the build process e.g. Teamcity, Jenkins.
- The candidate should show a clear understanding of the banking environment and have a strong interest in financial markets, in particular Foreign Exchange.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
: Full Time
: Individual Contributor
: 29/10/2021, 1:23:04 PM