Our client, a leading wholesale carrier selling network bandwidths, wanted to offer an IT stack on cloud or ‘telco-in-a-box’ for third party enterprise organizations and other Communication Service Providers (CSPs) so that they could in turn sell consumer services such as voice, broadband, data, and applications. To fulfill their objective, the client decided to build a new White Labeled Managed Services stack on cloud instead of revamping their existing legacy stacks. Virtusa was given the opportunity to build an end-to-end multi-tenanted stack based on open source technologies.
The key business challenges faced by the client on the legacy stack include:
- Disintegrated platforms for voice, broadband, and data services with high costs
- Disparate systems with customer data resulted in poor customer handling by service desks
- Old technologies delayed new product launches to the market
- To address the client’s challenges, Virtusa built a White Label Managed Services Platform (“telco-in-a-box” ) to support products such as voice, broadband, data services, and applications.
- Implemented a single integrated platform to handle end-to-end BSS and OSS components supporting order-to-cash and trouble-to-resolve processes
- Delivered 30+ open source components supported by micro-services architecture enabling a seamless experience across customer touch points
- Provided automated, best-in-class customer-centric journeys and processes with simple and clear KCIs
The key benefits delivered include:
- Three-hundred-sixty degree customer view to an adviser via the adviser portal thereby improving adviser efficiency, reducing call handling time, and improving customer experience
- Twenty percent reduction in operational expense by improving accuracy in customer invoicing and eliminating revenue leakage
- Seventy percent faster product launches for new offers and services leveraging the enhanced product modeler
- Thirty percent higher operational efficiency due to simplified and automated billing operations for B2B & B2C customers
- Enhanced reporting framework and comprehensive MIS to customers and internal teams