Virtusa’s client, a large industrial manufacturing company, operates globally and wanted to increase the collaboration of its users. Since they have many locations and were growing, Virtusa built a scalable infrastructure that was able to boost overall productivity and efficiency.
This solution increased accountability of each part of the manufacturing process, allowing easy access to analytics for each manufacturing cycle.
With global operations, this large manufacturing company was not maximizing its efficiency and had:
- No unified platform for collaboration
- No scalable IT infrastructure
- Unable to process the available information efficiently
- Low productivity
Virtusa leverages the Microsoft Azure platform to create a prototype for SharePoint that would:
- Access the current Sharepoint farm
- Map out features, functions, users, data / context
- Mapped the Azure VM configurations
- Leveraged Azure IaaS capability extensively for setting up SharePoint deployment
- Quick prototyping
Virtusa built a SharePoint based collaboration solution that was able to dramatically increase productivity and efficiencies of this global manufacturing company.
- Fast and easy access to business critical information
- Streamlined processes to reduce hardware and support costs
- Expanded user reach across the globe with better collaboration
- Reduce risk, increased control
- Quantifiable results for the manufacturing cycle.