Our client, a leading communication service provider based out of Europe, faced several challenges in managing and resolving customer complaints, ultimately leading to poor customer and agent experience. Additionally, the new sales throughput also decreased to a drastically low figure.
Our client decided to address these issues by transforming and updating their service assurance platform and order fulfillment strategies. For these to succeed, the client turned to Virtusa for service assurance transformation.
The key business challenges which posed a serious hindrance towards customer experience include:
- Long cycle time for resolution of issues
- Poor customer service because of reduced self-service options
- Non-compliance to OFCOM regulations
- Reduced sales throughput
Virtusa, together with Pega, built a digital solution for the client delivering order and service assurance capabilities. The solution included radical process re-engineering and system redesign, leveraging both advanced processes and accelerators built on Pega platform.
As part of the program, the Virtusa team wrapped around a flexible billing engine and automated order placements with integrated supplier systems. A new solution delivered was a Pega-based customer facing online diagnostics solution with self-service capability for phone, TV, email, and broadband issues. Virtusa combined deep domain expertise with design thinking methods to dramatically transform the agent and customer experience for a broadband ISP, driving cycle time reduction on repairs, increased self-service, and new sales enablement (on-boarding). Our mantra was to increase new sales throughput by 250% with no increase in Full Time Equivalents (FTEs).
Virtusa successfully transformed the service assurance platform delivering the following benefits:
- Consulting-led delivery approach helped achieve 2.5 times increased subscriber base
- Rapidly created new automated processes
- Accelerated time-to-market through bundling and unbundling
- Enabled faster turnaround on improvement plans
- Increased order throughput at no additional cost through automation
- Increased self-service by 60-70%