Our client is an American hotel and leisure company that owns, operates, franchises, and manages hotels, resorts, spas, residences, and vacation ownership properties under its 30 owned brands.
The client wanted to transition its core business applications from its legacy to a service-oriented architecture.
Our client’s existing legacy application was not effective to manage its customers across various channels. Their problems included:
- Customer retention as a key challenge to directly affect revenue
- Lack of focus on alternate channels of sales management such as digital and social media
- Insufficient loyalty program solutions across its brands for its preferred guests
Virtusa along with Pegasystems developed an online reservation system. The key highlights include:
- Transition of the organization’s core business applications from legacy COBOL and IBM Mainframe to a service-oriented architecture using UNIX and Linux platforms
- The solution used Pega’s PRPC platform together with other service-oriented architecture (SOA) software as core components of the reservation and loyalty system
By leading this engagement, Virtusa successfully implemented an online reservation system leveraging Pega’s professional services for better sales management and business agility. The key benefits include:
- Doubling the loyalty program’s membership over five years
- Enabling CRM and social media channels to engage, interact with and sell to their target customers
- Improving its bottom line using the solution
- Increasing revenue due to increased customer retention and sales