Our client is an innovative solutions provider to customers in various industries including fashion, aerospace, transportation and furniture.
The client wanted to evaluate and assess the YuniquePLM product across multiple dimensions and create a high-level roadmap and recommendations to modernize the products.
Our client’s objective to drive significant increases in Yunique PLM licensing, primarily in the SMB market. The key challenges which hindered the client goal include:
- Outdated user interface of YuniquePLM
- Lack of multi-tenant architecture which led to high licensing and upgrade costs
- Inability to support client’s long term vision is to build a software platform that will provide a single foundation for all the product’s owned by the client
Virtusa developed a next generation YuniquePLM architecture platform to modernize the operating platform while reducing licensing cost. The key highlights include:
- Migration from SQL Server to PostgreSQL (on Amazon) as the database which provided significant scaling and cost benefits
- Implementing a multi-tenant application layer which offered cost benefits (servers and licensing) as well as greater scalability on the cloud
- Architected and built the next generation YuniquePLM architecture platform in collaboration with the client’s team
- Implemented slices of YuniquePLM features on the next generation architecture platform
By leading this engagement, Virtusa successfully implemented a next generation YuniquePLM architecture platform while delivering the following benefits.
- Reduced licensing and upgrade costs which was not possible erstwhile due to lack of multi-tenant architecture
- Single foundation for all products leveraging the next generation YuniquePLM architecture
- Improved scalability through cloud computing
- Seamless product upgrades to customers leveraging the new platform