Our client, one of the top healthcare services providers leveraged RF based telemetry to control and manage its surgically embedded devices for over 15 years. Due to lack of network connectivity, the client faced several challenges in managing these devices
The client chose Virtusa as their partner of choice because of the past experience and domain expertise along with our track record for digitally transforming global organizations.
- Devices are managed in physician’s office with both client’s representative and the patient present in person. This requires coordination between all involved parties with several days notice and hours of travel by a representative to reach the physician’s office
- Inability to manage devices at patients home at their convenience
- Lack of data collection from the device to improve the quality of output for the patient due to lack of network connectivity
Virtusa built a radically new Bluetooth low energy-enabled approach to control and manage surgically embedded devices with a ubiquitous locked smartphone running an application
- The application serves as a bridge to provide virtual device management with client’s representatives working from client’s center of excellence, thereby making the process on-demand and increasing representatives availability.
- Advanced clinical and business analytics based on collected device usage data frequently and uploaded to Cloud-based HIPAA compliant storage.
- Application leverages natural language processing and cognitive learning to provide an intuitive voice controlled user experience
- First-of-its-kind on-demand device management reducing turn around times by 2 weeks
- Increased availability of representatives by over 300% due to a reduction in travel
- Enable advanced data analytics by increasing data collected from 8% to over 90% of surgically embedded devices