Our client, a global publishing company specializing in academic publishing, faced several challenges in embracing new digital platforms for content distribution.
- Existing product provided just one-on-one integration, whereas the client needed a configurable integration platform to integrate their existing systems with third-party LMSes
- Non-reusable product stack
- Onboarding a new LMS would take more than three months
- Need to broaden the opportunities to sell content through new digital channels
Virtusa started this engagement with a consulting phase to understand the client’s business challenges, objectives, and desired expectations for business outcomes. We then created an SOA to facilitate LMS integrations using IMS global specifications.
- Delivered service orchestration system, business process flow, and enterprise systems integration on the TIBCO middleware layer
- Built a management portal for onboarding, monitoring, and reporting
By leading this multi-year, multi-partner engagement, Virtusa successfully implemented Learning Management System Integration Platform.
- Reduced the time to market by 33% using a new LMS
- Highly scalable integration platform allows integration with a number of third-party LMS systems without increasing the complexity of the system
- Reduced cost of ownership compared to point-to-point integration approach; brought down the cost of integrating a new LMS by 75%