Our client, an asset management firm, wanted to build a portfolio management system that was accessible to the mass affluent class by scaling, streamlining, and automating various processes across investment management, marketing, sales, and reporting.
Given the critical nature of the program and limitations in the existing talent pool, our client was looking for a partner that could scale quickly and had significant capabilities delivering programs in the order management space. In addition, the client was looking at significantly bringing down the costs of developing the application.
- Analysis, design, and development of the order management system
- Migration from mainframe to a GUI, which was then leveraged for other web applications
- Create mandates and sub-mandates, which allowed for an infinite level of hierarchical nesting
- Deployed functionality for mass booking of order for fixed income as well as equities and mutual funds, which were sent directly to Bloomberg for trade booking
- Ability to route to different product processors based on the asset type
- Increased customer servicing capabilities due to the reduction of minimum AUM from $250,000 to $50,000
- Scaled up the application efficiency, which increased the customer base from 100,000 to 300,000 leading to a 20% increase in income
- Delivered annual savings of $ 4.5 million on data center and FTE costs
- Witnessed an 8-fold increase in trade throughput