In today’s hyper-connected world, businesses need to ensure accurate handling of information coming from various sources in their ecosystem, including vendors, partners, and customers. However, the diversity of channels and formats create inconsistencies in communication, causing digital chaos and a lack of trust. Moreover, unforeseen circumstances can increase customer service inquiries up to 20% across the board and spike inquiry wait times to hours, sometimes even weeks, depending on the channel.
Some of the main challenges in the existing process are:
- Evolving customer needs: Improvements in the service industry are continuously resetting customers’ expectations at new levels.
- Fragmented experiences: Most of the customers often switch channels and devices in today’s tech era.
- Lack of personalization: Customers expect content tailored to their individual needs and available to them on demand.
- Dependence on experts: Customers look up to leaders and industry experts to show them the way forward.
- Inability to scale: Insurers cannot often create and control customer experiences per customer demographics and business needs.
- Rising cost of service: Recurring issues, inefficient processes, and dependency on human experts lead to increased business expenses.
- Lack of consistency: Inconsistent service and inaccurate information make customers unhappy and cause loss of brand reputation.
- Increasing attrition: Lack of tools and technology result in 30-45% attrition on average.
To provide a seamless experience to their customers, Insurers must learn to address the pertinent omni-channel communication conundrum.
Elevating and unifying omni-channel communication
Virtusa understands these challenges and proposes an approach, powered by reimagining the omni-channel communication experience, for a unified and enhanced experience across the channels.