We at Virtusa Corporation, including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively referred to as “Virtusa” or “our” or “we”), may collect and maintain certain personal information about our clients (referred as “client” or “you” or “your”) in the context of providing services to our clients.
Personal data collection
We use your personal data in order to establish a connection with our client (whom you work for or represent), provide you and the client with a better client experience and ensure that the marketing material we send to you reflects your personal preferences. The categories of personal data that are typically collected and processed:
- Personal details (e.g. name, gender, country of residence);
- Contact details (e.g. email address, contact number, postal address);
- Financial details (e.g. salary and other income and investments, benefits, tax status); and
- Job details (e.g. designation, job role, job title, company you represent).
The personal data is collected or obtained from the following channels:
- Information when you access our Website
- By registering with Virtusa
- E-mail Campaigns
- Information when you access our content on our Third Party partner Website(s)
- Corporate Marketing and Thought Leadership Events
- Information obtained from Third Party Business Contact Directory and Services
- Information obtained from our Business Leaders
- Information obtained from public sources and professional networking platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Information received prior to/during fulfilment of contractual services
Purposes of processing your personal data
- To contact you in order to inform you of new products, services or promotions, keep you appraised of thought leadership and marketing collateral and to better assist your needs, on occasion with your consent.
- To invite you to Virtusa hosted or sponsored events in your geographical region that may be of interest to you based on your role within the company and/or industry.
- To conduct market research and to carry out marketing campaigns.
- To carry out the services for which we have been contracted by the client you represent to deliver, and to contact you for client care related purposes including regular communication regarding project status, notifying issues/concerns, sharing project deliverables and carrying out day-to-day project activities, in order to comply with our contractual obligations.
- To communicate with you about our service offering, for example to inform you that our services have changed or to send you critical alerts and other such notices relating to our products and/or services.
- As part of our email campaigns, we will track whenever you receive, open, click a link, or share an e-mail you receive from Virtusa and carry out automated profiling of such information to evaluate your interest towards our service offerings or promotions in order to help us identify and target potential clients or business partners and to tailor our marketing content and provide you with relevant and timely content based on your interests.
- As part of our Sales program, our representatives may call you to inform you about our service offerings or promotions and may record their feedback and observations of such conversations to help us identify and target potential clients and business partners.
- We engage carefully selected third party vendors to conduct surveys in order receive feedback from you on the services currently provided by Virtusa to the company you represent. We use your responses to understand our strengths and identify improvement areas to develop new and improved products, help us serve the company you represent better and improve our overall service offerings and business strategies.
You may always choose to opt-out from the marketing activities/communications referred to above by writing to us at email@example.com.
Sharing personal data with Third parties
- We may use carefully selected third parties to carry out certain activities to help us to run our business (such as cloud service providers, IT support vendors) and to carry out surveys (third party survey vendors).
- Where required or permitted by law, personal data may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- From time to time, we may consider corporate transactions such as a merger, acquisition, reorganisation, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer or allow access to information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, personal data may be transferred to third parties involved in the transaction.
Existence of Automated Profiling and Decision Making
We use automated profiling in limited circumstances relating to email campaigns. As part of our email campaigns, we will track whenever you receive, open, click a link, or share an e-mail you receive from Virtusa using an automated solution. The automated solution profiles the information tracked to evaluate your interest towards our service offerings or promotions. This enables us to identify and target potential clients or business partners and provide you with relevant and timely content based on your interests.
For Further Details
For more information, such as your rights in respect of your personal data, transfer of personal data, data retention and security measures implemented by Virtusa, please click here.