2020 is a year of momentous change.
Upheavals in the global political economy are powerfully magnifying the importance of technological innovations.
At Virtusa’s innovation unit, we have scanned the horizon to identify the ten most influential technology and human trends that will sweep the business and consumer landscape this year. Some of these trends include bank point-of-sale finance, a globalizing open banking regime, value-based healthcare, CRISPR clinical trials, quantum computing, and Automated Machine Learning.
Firms that understand the significance of these macro dynamics, and hatch plans to capitalize on them, will be at an advantage. Not only will they better navigate the disruptions occurring, but they will have the capabilities to thrive in the fast-evolving digital economy.
Topics covered include:
- Shop Now, Pay Later: Banks embrace POS financing to win customers at the checkout.
- No Child’s Play in the Sandbox: A new breed of regulatory sandbox is making waves.
- Open Banking Goes Global: The role of regulation in Open Banking comes into focus.
- Value Over Volume in Healthcare: Favoring better patient outcomes over fee-for-service models.
- The End of All Disease? Promising medical breakthroughs as CRISPR moves through clinical trials.
- Automobiles Take a New Route: Reaching new heights with mobility-as-a-service (MaaS).
- Ready, Set, Quantum! Enterprise innovation is powered by near-quantum machines.
- Corporate Innovation Labs Grow Up: Evolving innovation labs focus more on quantified commercial outcomes.
- Self-Aware Infrastructure: Building smart infrastructure that self-governs, self-optimizes, and self-heals.
- Machine Learning for All: Easy-to-use machine learning reduces the barrier to adoption.