An organization’s data is one of the largest sources of value as well as risk. The growing macro-environment challenges have compelled organizations to gradually adopt a more systematic approach toward managing all this data, which is powered by more data. Managing the exponential growth of data is equally daunting, as highlighted by an increase in latency, inaccuracy and security breaches. This has cost costing organizations millions of dollars in terms of direct and indirect cost over the last decade.
Since IT is embedded in every aspect of the organization, it occupies a vantage position that enables organizations to develop a framework to manage data throughout its lifecycle. Data governance is the function of managing the extraction, aggregation, storage, delivery, usage and retention of data. The goal is to maximize the value of an organization’s investment in data by ensuring and continually improving the quality and use of it. A complete view of data governance provides insight and control of the manner in which enterprise data management must work for an organization to extract the full business value of its data assets.
Virtusa offers a process-driven approach for diverse data needs, such as data governance, data architecture, change control, metadata management, master data management, records management, privacy protection, access management, etc.
Our data governance offerings include:
- A thorough 2-day audit program and a comprehensive 12-week assessment and workshop rolled-out in phases to help enterprises graduate to their desired state on the data governance maturity path.
- A toolkit for automating data governance by using our wide range of products and technical capabilities.
- Business objectives, governance metrics, success measures and strategy
- Data rules and definitions (rules, standards, data definitions, compliance requirements)
- Data dictionary and metadata repository
- Collection of decision rights and accountabilities
- Repository of control mechanism