Architect (ATC) - (CREQ103330)
Skill: Cloud engineer
Role: T1, T2
Are you passionate about solving business issues with new technology? Ready to put your well-rounded (engineering/developer/architecture) skills to use? We at Virtusa would like to meet you!
Main duties/responsibilities will include:
- Responsible and accountable for doing requirement gathering and creation of high level and detailed technical design
- Developing data ingestion framework for different sources
- Participate in the architectural discussions, perform system analysis which involves a review of the existing systems and operating methodologies. Participate in the analysis of newest technologies and suggest the optimal solutions which will be best suited for satisfying the current requirements and will simplify the future modifications
- Design appropriate data models for the use in transactional and big data environments as an input into Machine Learning processing.
- Design and Build the necessary infrastructure for optimal ETL from a variety of data sources to be used on GCP services
- Develop data and semantic interoperability specifications
- Collaborate with the business to scope requirements
- Collaborate with several external vendors to support data acquisition
- Analyse existing systems to identify appropriate data sources
- Identify, Implement and continuously enhance the data automation process
Support continuous improvement in DevOps Automation
- Provide design expertise with Master Data Management, Data Quality and Meta Data Management
Key Skills and Experience required for this role;
- Strong Python Development Experience is mandatory
- Strong Data Engineering experience working with both distributed architectures, ETL, EDW and Big Data technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge & Experience using Google Cloud Big Query is mandatory
- Experience with DataProc & DataFlows with Java on Google Cloud Platform is highly desired
- Experience with serverless data warehousing concepts on Google Cloud is highly desired
- Experience with DWBI modelling framework is highly regarded
- Extensive experience working with SQL across a variety of databases
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sources using cloud analytics (Cloudera , Hadoop etc. )
- Experience with Data Mapping and Modelling
- Experience with Data Analytics tools
- Experience with Google Cloud Services such as Streaming + Batch, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Data Proc , DFunc, Big Query & Big Table
- Knowledge and proven use of contemporary data mining, cloud computing and data management tools including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, AWS Cloud, Google Cloud, hadoop, HDFS, mapr and spark.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.