Java Developer - (CREQ142748)
- Seven years of professional experience in designing and developing Java Web services and API solutions.
- Have a mindset of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone's job.
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask Why and What if
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Care about cycle time and use CI or CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.
- Seven years of proven software development experience in Java Web services and API solutions.
- Experienced in defining test strategy and setting up Test Automation framework using frameworks like RESTAssure.
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation, and micro-services.
- Proven experience in detailing APIs using an API documentation framework Swagger
- Experience in state-of-the-art tools and methods to enable efficiency, performance and agility through automating DevOps processes, continuous integration and delivery pipelines Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker.
- Capability to support mission critical customer facing platforms and applications.
- Proven expertise in open-source streaming products, Micro services and Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open-source technologies.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database, and analytics
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test.
- Knowledge of web application development using JSP, HTML, CSS or SASS, JQuery, Angular and NodeJS.
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems.
- Linux, Shell Scripting, Docker, and AWS Cloud certification will be a plus
- Experience and Qualifications- MCA or B.Tech or Any Graduate with Five to Seven years of relevant experience
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 32,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities, and work with state-of-the-art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.