PL/SQL Developer - (CREQ145813)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a software engineer in a data focused environment
- Expertise writing Oracle PLSQL and performing data analysis
- Knack for writing clean, testable, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proven experience working in an Agile software delivery environment, with exposure to continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Passionate about engineering perfection with a strong understanding of modular design, object-orientated programming, and sound testing practices
- Deliver maintainable, extensible, reusable and performant PLSQL solutions with proficiency, quality, and passion
- You understand middleware Java technologies and how they interact with data
- Understand how to operate in an Agile environment and understand how to deliver using an Acceptance Test-Driven development (ATDD) approach
- You are committed to collaborative problem solving and communication
- Proven understanding of database design concepts - Transactional / ODS / Data warehouse etc.
- You understand CI / CD processes & tools and are passionate about delivering high quality software
- Proven understanding of ETL tools like Informatica and scheduling tools
- You are innovative and are constantly looking to improve your craft
- You will contribute to design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and that are aligned to the program's strategic direction
- You will lead application design efforts, participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Fully engaging in product quality plan efforts, including test development, design and code reviews and regression testing.
- Contribute to improving engineering practice in the areas of ATDD and CI/CD.
- Working with a distributed team of engineers in recommending standard methodologies for our software engineering
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 32,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities, and work with state-of-the-art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.