Associate Director - Marketing
Associate Director - Marketing - (78120)
Virtusa Corporation is a leading worldwide provider of digital transformation services that accelerates business outcomes for Global 2000 businesses in banking and financial services, insurance, healthcare/life sciences, and telecommunications, technology, and media.
With over 30,000 people and over 50 offices worldwide, we harness our deep design and engineering heritage to help global organizations tackle their toughest technology challenges. We help our clients identify strengths, uncover opportunities, and accelerate their path to digital transformation through the use of our Digital Transformation Studios (DTS).
We blend unique perspectives and proven expertise across consulting, design, and engineering disciplines. We challenge convention, and one another, to create compelling experiences that delight users and transform business. We have a passion for trying new ideas. And a rapid process to bring them to life. Whether it's the digital enterprise, mobile wallet, the IoT or virtual reality, we're investing, experimenting, tinkering and hardening the technology that sets the pace in an ever-changing world. Through a proven platforming methodology, domain expertise and technology innovation, we deliver growth through differentiated solutions.
We bring best in class digital engineering services to every engagement, with deep expertise in digital strategy and design; customer experience; analytics; mobile; cognitive/AI; full stack engineering, microservices, IoT; and cloud services.
For more information, please visit
Summary of Position:
The Brand Strategy & Public Relations Associate Director will be a member of Virtusa's rapidly growing Marketing organization and report to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications to deliver a digital-first approach to creative and brand strategy evolution.
In this role, you will play an integral part in building the Virtusa brand identity, elevating mass awareness, and enhancing positive relationships with the public, the media, and our brand partners. It will offer a unique opportunity to build out a new strategy from the ground-up and create breakthrough experiences. You will be inspired by unlocking the human and cultural truths that anchor and inspire creative teams to develop breakthrough global marketing campaigns and activations that raise brand awareness, drive customer growth, improve Virtusa's brand positioning, and generate revenue.
This is a strategic and highly collaborative role touching all Virtusa's key businesses at the enterprise brand level that offers the opportunity to grow and evolve the Virtusa brand in the global market. You will be the day-to-day lead on our agency relationships and help direct, inspire and operationalize our internal agency to deliver great work that meets our business initiatives. This role will also be required to lead the day-to-day public relations activities, spanning earned media and thought leadership strategy.
You will have a deep knowledge in consumer trends and behaviors, an ability to motivate and inspire cross functional partners, and a track record for globally-minded, culturally-relevant campaigns that gain media attention and consumer engagement. You will bring a balanced combination of vision, ambition, judgement, creativity, and critical thinking - all with the passion and enthusiasm for building the Virtusa brand and helping advance digital engineering for our customers.
- Evolve the brand strategy and positioning for Virtusa - both internally and externally
- Lead creative partners/vendors to develop stellar, inventive work
- Lead and expand a nimble group of brand strategists & Creative talent globally
- Be the brand evangelist and influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, ensuring brand strategy is reflected across all work, activities and actions
- Partner with internal insights team and external partners to design and analyze research
- Bring to life human insights that champion our community, to inform creative briefs
- Deliver creative briefings, collaborating with and supporting creative teams throughout the process
- Drive and apply strategy across diverse, concurrent campaigns, partnerships and activities
- Keep diverse teams of stakeholders in the loop and moving towards shared goals while also effectively managing expectations
- Execute rapidly amid ambiguity and tight timelines
- Understand and contextualize market trends and audience behavior to inform strategy
- Manage and drive consistency of brand across marketing and cross functionally, including Customer Service, Talent, Recruiting, Comms, Product, etc.
- Deliver measurable increase in brand awareness and manage overall health of brand across all audiences
- Developing and executing owned / earned media strategies, messaging frameworks, and creating content for key internal and external communications initiatives
- Managing external speaking opportunities and press correspondence
- Building and maintaining media relationships and conducting proactive outreach alongside agency partners
- Media monitoring and reporting owned / earned metrics
- Keeping current on industry trends, proactively identifying news hooks, and providing strategic PR counsel
- Identify and submit for business awards and other recognition opportunities
- 10+ years of experience in roles of growing responsibility at a global consumer brand either at an agency, with a consultancy or internally
- Proven experience leading full integrated brand strategies; Compelling and proficient content creator with experience writing for diverse audiences and formats, including B2B2C copywriting, press releases, social media, and blog
- Deep expertise building and optimizing brand strategy, positioning, architecture, and messaging.
- Comfort working in a high growth, continuously evolving environment
- Responsible for managing and building our creative team to lead with a 'design-thinking' approach to help simplify and consolidate efforts across all marketing touch points
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Strategic-thinker with a high degree of creativity to execute on high-impact, high-leverage, innovative materials and programs
- Experience building a brand from scratch, not just defending well established brands
- Familiarity with PR measurement and analytics capabilities and their impact
- Experience with consumer tech or mission-driven brand on a global level a plus
- Strong data and analytical skills and the ability to make strategic budgetary tradeoffs to accomplish goals
- BS degree in Marketing, media, or relevant field preferred