Architect - (CREQ134215)
Skill: Solution Architect
Are you that person who finds satisfaction--and maybe even joy- in learning the detailed steps of a process and discovering ways to automate it? Here at Virtusa, we have some very unique opportunities for you to shine!
Main duties/responsibilities will include:
Mandatory skills: Java Microservices and cloud background.
- Define and agree the IT Roadmap for our Customer-facing applications
- Track and manage work IT Roadmap, driving best practice initiatives.
- Shape our control framework, working through Engineers and Architects to deliver a patterns and standards set ready for modern digital development
- Act as a key partner to our senior software engineers, ensuring that our architecture roadmap is a key input into our technical delivery, as well as listening, understanding, and responding to the needs of the engineers
What we need from you:
We need a leader in Solution Architecture who knows and understands the challenges in modern software development. You can tell stories and build a powerful image of where we're going from an architecture and design perspective. This role is predominantly technical, but you will understand technology implications for people and process, and you will bring this to your holistic view of design. You will ideally have previous career experience in software engineering and therefore you will be well placed to define and sell your vision for Engineers, Architects, and Product Owners alike.
You will be dealing with senior stakeholders across our labs, demonstrating diligence, insight and willingness to challenge. You will be flexible and responsive to the consumers of your architecture vision, challenging the 'Ivory Tower' view of architecture and recognising that design and build is a two-way conversation. We'd to hear from candidates with the following experience:
- Prior experience in a senior solution architecture position.
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices
- Strong understanding of building applications through containerised microservices-based architectures, with a working-to-strong understanding of cloud methodologies
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and security architecture practices and concerns
- Have played an active part in architecture and design governance
- TOGAF or equivalent qualifications.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more at www.virtusa.com.