Senior Consultant - (CREQ138710)
Skill: Java Developer
Role: T2, T1
Interested in a full cycle development role working collaboratively with a diverse suite of clients and a team that cares about your growth? Join Virtusa!
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Utilizing your deep technical knowledge to design, develop and optimize business processes across multiple systems. Developing detailed technical analysis and design specifications based on functional requirements.
- Collaborating with fellow developers and clients to solve problems.
- Creating user acceptance testing and performance testing plans to validate and support the customizations, features and functionalities.
- Migrating to internal and external clouds, as well as to Microservices architecture.
- Evaluating open source and vendor products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 5 years software development experience.
- 3 years of experience in software development using J2EE.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in full lifecycle delivery of complex systems, including requirements, design, build, test, and deployment.
- Confident problem solver and communicator.
- Meticulous. Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team player.
- Proven experience using ___________ (software/systems specific to the client/position)
- Prior experience building internet platforms from the ground up. Understanding Microservices patterns and architectures, enterprise design and industry best practices.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Expert level experience designing and building REST and SOAP web services using Java.
- Experience with Ajax will be a plus. Oracle SQL knowledge preferred.
- Experience with building messaging, event-driven architectures.
- Experience with multiple database platforms.
- Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
- Experience building distributed systems at Internet scale.
- Experience working in a fast-paced delivery environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000+ people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more at www.virtusa.com.