Senior Consultant - (CREQ136796)
Role / Tier: Tier 2
- Design, develop, build and deploy Cloud Native Infrastructure for Enterprises
- Expertise in handling incident managements in lower and higher (Production) environments
- Analyze & Improve infrastructure stability, reliability, performance and scalability of Cloud Native Platform Infrastructure to meet ever increasing customer demands
- Build the observability stack using a combination of open source and industry standard tools
- Write code and apply engineering best practices and tools to automate operational tasks
- Be responsible for the overall reliability and stability of Cloud native applications
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex issues affecting performance and scaling.
- Refactor existing code and service infrastructure to ensure scalability and reliability.
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency.
- Participate in the development of tools, systems and processes aimed at improving product supportability and overall support productivity.
- Experience working as a developer and/or Site Reliability Engineer.
- Experience with DevSecOps and Sire reliability practices
- Knowledge or experience with Resilience experiments by leveraging tools like Chaos Tool Kit, Chaos Monkey, Gremlin and others
- Experience of technologies like Python/Java
- Proven track record building/supporting/scaling a high transactional 24x7 SaaS solution on any Cloud layer (Azure/GCP/AWS Preferred)
- Experience with Security as it applies to infrastructure, systems and network engineering
- Experience with distributed computing and distributed applications
- Experience of infrastructure automation, such as Terraform or Ansible, and building/using/deploying Containers.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Sumo Logic, Cortex, Splunk
- Experience with Concourse Jenkins, Bamboo etc
- Experience of Agile development, DevOps models or similar methodologies
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Experience with source control, including pull requests, branching and merging (GitHub).
- Experience with cloud security concepts and tools, Ex: Twistlock, Divvy Cloud, Expel
- Familiarity with Open Tracing/Open Telemetry
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities, and work with state-of-the-art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.