Senior Consultant - (CREQ127786)
Skill : Quality Engineer
Role : T2
- Build solutions that help with identifying data quality issues and rectifying those using tools like Ataccama
- Create high quality code that is able to effectively process Data Quality metrics at scale
- Ensure Data Quality metrics can be fed into metadata management tools like Collibra
- Communicate Data Quality, metrics, root cause to business and technical teams
- Put efficiency and innovation at the heart of the design process to create design blueprints (patterns) that can be re-used by other teams delivering similar types of work
- Use modern engineering techniques such as DevOps, automation and Agile to deliver data quality applications efficiently
- Produce code that is in-line with team, industry and group best practice using a wide array of engineering tools such as GHE (Github Enterprise), Jenkins, Urbancode, Cucumber, Xray etc
- Work as part of an Agile team, taking part in relevant ceremonies and always helping to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Work across the full software delivery lifecycle from requirements gathering/definition through to design, estimation, development, testing and deployment ensuring solutions are of a high quality and non-functional requirements are fully considered
- Consider platform resource requirements throughout the development lifecycle with a view to minimising resource consumption
- Once Cloud is proven within the bank, help to successfully transition on-prem applications and working practices to GCP
- Experience using Ataccama or other data quality tools like IDQ, Talend DQ but with willingness and ability to learn Ataccama fast
- Experience using RDBMS like Oracle, database SQL, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Experience of profiling data for quality issues, defining routines to cleanse data and using automated solutions to do bulk cleanse of data
- Experience of conducting root cause analysis of Data Quality issues
- Experience of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) data services like BigQuery, DataProc, DataFlow is a plus
- Understanding of metadata management and experience of using Collibra is a plus
- Overall good data management experience
- Passionate about data and technology
- Excellent people and communication skills, able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- Good team player with a strong team ethos
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.