Senior Consultant - (CREQ138709)
Skill: Scrum Master
- Act as facilitator of scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, stand ups, retrospectives etc. ) with a clear understanding of the aim of each event, taking corrective measures as required
- Help the Team to continuously improve the efficiency of their incremental delivery of value to customers & stakeholders, whilst adapting to customer & partners feedback
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Team, to ensure a healthy prioritised product backlog including techniques for effective Team product backlog management
- Coach and empower the team to self-organise and improve Agile practices such as continual improvement, fast feedback and incremental value delivery
- Guide the team to break work into small, discrete pieces of value or learning
- Promote best practices in refinement, prioritisation, stakeholder engagement and introducing tools and techniques
- Enable the team to understand and visualise the optimal sequence of work, measure and understand their performance through metrics (throughput, cycle time, happiness etc) and use this as the basis for their improvement activity
- Promote psychological safety and wellbeing creating a safe, trusting, and open environment for the team
- Coach and support the team to identify blockers / barriers to effective delivery and remove these impediments to team progress
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Frameworks (such as the Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SaFE) and has practical experience of working in Agile environments
- Shows knowledge and some experience of other techniques that support Agile working, such as Dev Ops, Lean, System Thinking, Queueing Theory, Complex Adaptive systems, Theory of Constraints / Critical Chain
- Learning/curious mindset, energy, and enthusiasm for creative disruption and to continuously strive to improve the organisation, team, and your knowledge and skills
- Scrum Master Certification - PSM1 or equivalent is desirable
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000+ people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.