Software Engineer - (CREQ132549)
Skill: Java Developer
Role: T3, T2
- Interpret written business and functional requirements and develop technical specification documents
- Perform code development, maintenance and testing
- Fix application issues and code irregularities
- Interact closely with the Business and provide technical solutions for required problems
- Work closely with other members of development team
- Report work progress to project manager
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science Computer Engineering MIS or a technically related field or equivalent - Must have
2. At least 1 year of development experience - Must have
3. Knowledge of one or more relevant programming language, typically C, C++, Perl, Java, SQL, XML - Must have
4. Broad understanding of UNIX operating environment - Must have
5. Broad understanding of end-to-end real time integration
6. Customer Management Domain knowledge, e. g. , PeopleSoft
7. Knowledge of Multi-tiered, relational database architectures with UNIX, Oracle and Windows as the primary operating environments.
8. Knowledge of middleware technologies, e.g., Tuxedo
9. Awareness of industry standards such as TMForum
10. Awareness of Agile Software development methodologies such as SAFE or Kanban
11. Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment
1. Knowledge of the telecom industry.
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 37,000 people globally that cares about your growth -- one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.