Director- Business Development
Director- Business Development - (60104)
Virtusa Corporation is a leading worldwide provider of digital transformation services that accelerates business outcomes for Global 2000 businesses in banking and financial services, insurance, healthcare/life sciences, and telecommunications, technology and media.
With over 20,000 people and over 50 offices worldwide, we harness our deep design and engineering heritage to help global organizations tackle their toughest technology challenges. We help our clients identify strengths, uncover opportunities, and accelerate their path to digital transformation through the use of our Digital Transformation Studios (DTS).
We blend unique perspectives and proven expertise across consulting, design and engineering disciplines. We challenge convention, and one another, to create compelling experiences that delight users and transform business. We have a passion for trying new ideas. And a rapid process to bring them to life. Whether it's the digital enterprise, mobile wallet, the IoT or virtual reality, we're investing, experimenting, tinkering and hardening the technology that sets the pace in an ever-changing world. Through a proven platforming methodology, domain expertise and technology innovation, we deliver growth through differentiated solutions.
We bring best in class digital engineering services to every engagement, with deep expertise in digital strategy and design; customer experience; analytics; mobile; cognitive/AI; full stack engineering, microservices, IoT; and cloud services.
For more information, please visit
Summary of Position
You will be responsible for driving new sales in Virtusa's rapidly growing Banking & Financial Services (BFS) business. The position focuses on selling software development and IT services across Digital Transformation (DT) and Cloud Transformation (CT). This includes high value services such as digital consulting, UX, mobility, digital marketing, digital engineering, cloud development and migration, data/analytics, AI/ML, and more.
This is a quota carrying, commissioned sales role that will measure targets on a monthly basis. There is a significant emphasis on developing pipeline, meeting order booking targets and developing partner channels. You should have a proven track record of being an over-performer/exceeding quota. You should be self-motivated, detail oriented, good multitasker, and comfortable with using technology as part of the sales cycle.
The target market is large enterprise or upper mid-market. The industry focus would be selling into the BFS vertical.
- Selling Digital Engineering & BFS solutions in a given territory
- Aggressively prospects and effectively builds and manages a sales pipeline by working with clients, channel partners, direct networks, marketing and campaign results - a true sales hunter role
- Able to define and setup selling programs that produce consistent results
- Collaborates with business/delivery executive as part of the sales cycle
- Drives proposal process and participates in proposal development
- Drives campaigns, events and other pipeline building activities
- Constructs deals in accordance to profitability goals
- Performs formal deal reviews
- Manages pipeline and activities through SFA tool (Salesforce.com)
- Facilitates and actively participate in contract negotiations, contract management and closure.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop client relationships, partnerships and channels that result in the sourcing of new opportunities in the BFS sector by:
- Develop new relationships with C level executives within the BFS sector for target accounts
- Develop leads into new logo pursuits and close business
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends and client challenges to develop and deliver compelling value propositions
- 12-15+ years of successful experience selling IT services and Digital services
- Strong business development/sales skills, must be used to quota carrying position
- Experience in managing customers, prospects and partnerships
- Experience in selling global services and/or enterprise class digital solutions
- Solutions-oriented by nature and is consultative in approach to selling
- Experience selling consulting services.
- Cold calling ability and energy
- Strong customer presence that can quickly build positive customer experience
- Good relationship and networking capabilities
- Creative thinker and deal maker
- Experience selling to clients in the BFS Domain.
- Comprehensive understanding of targeted industry business environments, issues and the trends affecting technology spend
- Track record of overachievement of sales quotas YOY
- Strong business acumen
- Able to generate deals
- Detailed oriented and able to drive a sales process to closure
- Demonstrated successful proposal development and presentation skills to include strong oral and written communication skills
- Capable of dealing at C-level and achieving large order values
- Comfortable working in a hands-on environment and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to develop effective presentations with limited support
- Experience using SFA tool (Salesforce.com)
Able to travel for sales pursuits as needed
Bachelors Degree minimum